computer woes

BTW, I am feeling better today. Was a little nauseous this morning but that got better after toast for breakfast.

Now on to the post topic. For months now, I've had trouble upon trouble with my laptop. I love my laptop. It's purple! But it was giving me so many troubles. I reached a point where IE wouldn't even connect to the net.

Then, this morning, it froze. Completely froze, and I wasn't even doing anything on it! So I decided it was time to go ahead with something I had been planning for a little while - reinstall the OS.

I had backed everything up about a week or so ago on my external HD. I gathered all my discs and reinstalled Windows Vista. Took FOREVER! Ok, not really, but it felt like it. I took a break after that and went dress shopping*. Got home and started getting it all set up. I ended up using J's laptop to download the drivers from Dell onto my flash drive, and transferred them to my pretty purple puter.

That worked beautifully, and I got back on the internet to download all the windows updates. I'm still doing that. Been doing that all evening. I also decided to try out Google Chrome as my web browser. I must say that so far it's nice. Definitely fast. We'll see how much I like it after a few days.

The only thing now is that I don't have Publisher anymore. I had borrowed my sister's copy of Publisher 2003, and already sent the discs back to her. I think I'm going to splurge and buy myself a copy of Publisher 2007. I am doing 2 newsletters now, and may need to do some programs and brochures for Relay For Life, since I'm the publicity chair.

So tomorrow is more downloading and installing of programs, and maybe some more dress shopping.

*Dress Shopping - Found out that St. Barbara's Ball is coming up, and I don't really want to wear the same dress I've worn to the past 2 balls I've been to. So I'm looking around, but don't want to spend a lot. I may end up taking my rather informal wedding dress to the cleaner and finding a colorful trim for the bodice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice