Soy Un Perdedor

I made a decision this morning. I changed my weight tracking day to Friday. I weighed myself Thursday or Friday morning and was down to 157.

My Sundays tend to be either early or late. I'm either getting up early to do something, or sleeping in. It's been rather inconsistent lately. And I tend to do my splurging over the weekend and eat better during the week. If we eat out, it's usually Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I also noticed the past couple weeks that I'm not using a lot of my weekly points all the time. So if my week starts on Friday, I can use weekly points, and then think about earning them back with activity points for the rest of the week. I think this will help me focus a little more and keep losing weight.

I also need to get started on strength training. I will have a lot of time on my own this week. I might get out my circuit routine I did 2 years ago and start doing that 3 days a week. I'm thinking do ST on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and pure cardio on Tuesday and Thursday. J and I often run or ride our bikes on weekends, so that's more cardio to burn calories. And if they would ever get the stupid pool open, I could do swimming on any of those days. But they keep pushing back the date on reopening this damn pool. I won't even get started on that. Makes me angry.

My weight loss has slowed a little, but I also finished my half marathon training. I think if I can get started on building muscle, it will be the change I need to keep up the 1 to 2 pounds a week. I have less than 10 pounds to my next goal. That would put me in the "healthy" weight range. Then it's just vanity pounds to lose. My main goal is to be healthy. And I need more muscle for that as well. Strength training is a hard spot for me. It's not as fun as cardio. I have trouble sticking to it. I did pretty good with this 3 day circuit routine that I got from Women's Health magazine (I used to have a subscription). Each of the 3 days has a different routine. I stuck with it and actually saw some improvement. That was 2 years ago. I need to do that again. I can still get up and do it while J is at PT (when he's not in the field), and since the weather is actually getting cooler here, I can walk Remy in the afternoon/evening. I think interrupting his afternoon nap time is good for him sometimes.

I'll have to report in and let you know that I got started on the strength training. I've been thinking about picking a few theme days for this blog. Any suggestions? Leave a comment and let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice