Healthy Thoughts

I've been meaning to sit and blog for a few days now, but every time I do, I get distracted and don't write.

Let's see how far I get.

Of course y'all know I'm on a long trek to get healthy. I'm still 10 pounds from my goal weight, but still happy with what I see in the mirror. The past couple weeks have been a little busy and we haven't made it to the gym as much.

Remember the supplement I was taking? Don't think I'm gonna keep taking it. Apparently, some people who sell it say you can build a tolerance to it, and you either need to go off it for a month or two, or put another supplement on top of that. Ugh. Too complicated, and why don't all the people who sell it know this? So I'm backing off of it for a while. I have a bottle and a half that I can try again later if I'm still stuck.

I'm going to focus on eating healthy and not overeating. Of course I'll still indulge from time to time, it keeps me sane. Gotta try to get to the gym for strength training at least twice a week, if not three times. And I gotta get up and run. I've started going to a Monday spin class at the gym. It's definitely working my muscles differently than before. I'm hoping it will help on the bike, which I haven't been riding as much lately. I know, bad me. But I've been focusing on running for the upcoming half marathon. Just a week away! Ack!

This is all going to be made especially hard with how busy the next 6 weeks will be. An overnighter by myself this weekend, then a long weekend with J, a holiday weekend, one weekend off, and finally to CO for J's big ride. Once all that is done, things should settle down for a while.

Soooo, what else? My folks came down for a short visit. They brought me some things from Grandma and Grandpa's house. I got a set of Franciscan ware Apple dishes, some glass bar ware, bar tools, punch bowl and cups, and some other random bits. I took mom and dad to the zoo with my good friend and her little boy, and they had a blast. It was a short visit, but a good one. We'll be seeing J's family next weekend.

Ummmm, I think that's it for now. So, yeah. Have a good weekend.

Comments

  1. What's that? You want to go to the gym three times a week? Ok.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice