The Horrible Afternoon

This afternoon I came home from running errands all stressed out about Bark For Life. I saw lots of stuffing on the stairs, and wondered what toy Remy destroyed now.

Then I walked in the living room. My polar bear was laying on Remy's bed. My stuffed polar bear that I've had longer than I can remember. My Jimmy bear. This bear went to college with me, moved around Lawrence with me, and moved to TX with me. I love this stuffed bear.

Of course, when I saw my bear torn open with his innards spread around the house, I freaked. I yelled at the dog. I smacked his butt. I yelled some more.

And I cried. Is that silly? This was seriously my favorite stuffed animal. I sobbed for a couple minutes. I picked up all the stuffing, and took the remains of Jimmy to the garbage. Rembrandt understood by this point that I was not happy and he was in trouble. So he went outside and wanted to stay outside.

And here is where I made my mistake. I left him outside by himself and not on his tether. A few minutes later, I went back out and he was gone. He wasn't in the neighbor's yard, either. So I freaked again. I grabbed his leash and started walking the neighborhood calling him. Fortunately, he was just a few houses down, visiting with a friendly black lab. He's been pouting and avoiding me since we got home.

I even put him on his leash and took him for a walk, but he's still pouting in the kitchen and avoiding me.

Since then I've just stayed home. I did dishes, I answered some Bark For Life texts. Now just waiting until it's late enough to cook dinner.

I'm worn out from the emotional trauma today. I don't do emotions well. At least I get sushi for lunch tomorrow.

Comments

  1. oh no! sorry he ate your bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you had such a rotten afternoon! I'm sure Remy will come around soon and you'll feel better in the morning - I know it! (Or at least by the afternoon, because then I'll try to cheer you up! ;P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a horrible day for the both of us!
    Sorry about your bear. I don't think it's silly at all. It's something that meant a lot to you that is irreplaceable. I swear more and more, I believe Remy is a little boy trapped in a dogs body.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

The Roof of Africa - Getting There