Why Do I Blog?

My friend wrote a post that inspired me:
Learning As We Go: Why we blog

So why do I blog? I've been at this for a long time now, in a different format. It started with LiveJournal. At that time, it really was an online journal, not a blog. I had that for I don't even know how long. It has communities and you have a friends list. I loved it.

Until there was trouble. I vented a little after my wedding and it lead to a big fight between siblings. Thankfully we got over it, but my LiveJournal never really did. It went friends only, and I wrote less and less. I wanted something more public. I decided I needed a change of scenery.

So I tried blogger. It started with the bra blog. I still had my LJ at this time, but needed a public forum for the Bra Crusader. And blogger links with my google account. Win.

Then came Tough Crackers. I was constantly ranting about the rampant stupidity surrounding me (especially commercials), and decided I needed an outlet (other than the hubs). He thought they were entertaining. Hopefully some other people will be entertained as well.

Finally, I decided to stop journaling over at LJ and started this one. I still have my LJ account, only to follow a few friends over there. I like reading their posts, even though I have them on Facebook as well.

That's the history of my blogging, now for the WHY.

I actually like to write. Surprising, for an English major and all. No, really, I didn't like writing in college. I like editing. I like working with what other people have written. Yet somehow I found myself with an urge to write, and not always sure what to write about. I have this urge to share silly things, like my adventures in running. I don't even know how many people follow my blog. I don't really care. I like to write, but know I will never get paid for crap like this. That's ok. I'd rather be a bra fitter.

So, I write. I blog. I share. And since I'm quite the cynic, I figure that very few, if any, read it. It feels good to get it out.

So blog on, fellow bloggers. Long live the blog.

Comments

  1. I love that you wrote this post. I may have even said "yay" out loud and started clapping. Ask Trey.. it's true.
    Have you not done any Tough Crackers posts lately? Or am I not following and thought I was. I really enjoy those posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

The Roof of Africa - Getting There