Just a Little Brain Dump

I had a bit of an "I can't believe I ate that" moment this morning. I went out to lunch yesterday and made probably the worst possible options. Holy crap. No wonder the scale was high this morning. I'm glad I have a 2 hour belly dance class today.

I'm also going to try to get a long run in this afternoon. This worries me a little because of my run on Monday. But let me backtrack a little further and take you to Sunday morning. J went for a bike ride. I got on my bike, and went on a very short ride. The cold air made my hand hurt and I had trouble braking with that hand. So I went back home and changed into my running clothes.

Remy and I headed out on the 3 mile track. I had to stop and walk a few times, to work out some tight spots on my left side. No biggie. I was able to get into a slow run within the first mile and keep that up, except when the pup needed to stop. In general, I felt good. It felt good to get out there and run again.

So Monday afternoon, I took Remy out again. We started out strong and did good, but just barely over 4 miles into it, I felt something in my knee. It was a twinge, a little muscle tweak. I slowed to a walk for a bit, then tried to push back into a run. That twinge was still there, so we walked the rest of the way home.

I'm going to try again today. I'm not going to take Remy because I want to focus on my running form. I need to get an idea of how far I can go. The half marathon is on Saturday, and as much as I want to do it, I don't want to hurt my knee. I'm still debating whether I'll head over Haan bridge or just keep it flat.

My knee is taking longer to heal than the rest of me. My nose and chin look so much better, although the nose is still the tiniest bit tender. I'm sure it bruised. My hand still gets cold and is tender, but I have most of my movement back. My knee is healing, but the bruise is huge, and it's still very tender. I can't even seem to have any material over it or it brushes on the bandaid and makes it uncomfortable to walk.

I've been cleaning it in the shower, and using neosporin and bandaids on it during the day. It actually feels better bandaged up than it does in the shower. It's always on my mind, my knee and my running. I want to do this half marathon, but if I hurt my knee even more, it will push me back even further.

I also still get pretty tired in the late afternoon, and I wake up still tired. I know I haven't been eating very well, which could be part of it. Could my body still be healing so much that I'm tired? I wouldn't think so, but I don't know.

Oh, I did go to my doc appointment last week and found out I have a form of eczema. It started on my toes, then moved to my hands and even my face. I scraped most of it off in my fall, but I think I got a new patch now. The doc gave me steroid cream for it. He implied that it's just from dry skin in the winter, since it only shows up in the winter. He also said that nothing was broken from my fall.

I guess that's it right now. I think about my running, my knee, my weight/diet, and the TARDIS apron I need to start making today. 

Comments

  1. Your body went through a pretty big trauma (visible and internal - muscle/ligament/etc) and healing from that takes a lot of effort. That's probably why you are you tired in the afternoons. Just take it easy and catch the next 1/2-marathon so you don't do more damage....stay home and get your apron done! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kristy...I would err on the side of caution and not risk more injury this weekend :/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice