Soy Un Perdedor

I didn't post last week, I know. I ate way too much Thursday night and was at the same weight Friday morning. I stepped on the scale again Saturday morning and - low and behold! - I was down a pound. Well too late buddy!

Which leads me to this week - down another pound. Although on my WW it looks like I lost 2 pounds this week. That puts me at 153. since starting WW I've lost a total of 15 pounds! And I'm only 4 pounds away from my healthy goal of 149. That is totally doable by Easter.  I will try to keep going down after that, but like I've said before, 149 puts me in the "healthy" BMI range according to the charts. If I can get down to 140, or even 135, that would give me a little room to go up and down in maintenance. I like that.

I also did a new thing today - Power Pump. It's a class at the gym. My friend Jessica is doing it so I tagged along. Wow! Totally kicked my ass. But that's what I was looking for. It's kind of like circuit training, in that you get strength and cardio mixed together. We ran around the little indoor track, ran up and down stairs, used the step thingies, and used weighted bars. We did burpees (hiss) and sit-ups with the bars. I can already feel some of the soreness in my arms. Tomorrow will be fun. Especially since we will probably be buying our guns tomorrow and going shooting. No arm strength here. None at all.

It felt good, and I plan to go again on Monday. It's only the 2 days each week, but that works for me right now. If I can stick with it, I plan to do Power Pump Monday, run or bike Tuesday, belly dance Wednesday, run or bike Thursday, and Power Pump Friday. Then, as usual, a possible long run or bike on the weekend. And maybe some dog walking in there, too. Busy bee, that's me!

Of course, if the damn pool would ever open, I would be there at least once a week. I miss the smell of chlorine. *sigh*

So yay for weight loss! And yay for strength training! And yay for the super awesome brownie I had today!

Comments

  1. Way to go, You! That's awesome progress and I'm glad that you're establishing a solid work-out routine! You've motivated me to get my booty in gear and get into my own routine soon! And I'd love for the pool to open too...if only to take Mr. B so that he can get reacquainted with swimming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

The Roof of Africa - Getting There