Soy Un Perdedor

Been a while, I know. But I'm back from vacation just in time to start a new WW week. I only gained 2 pounds in the 2 weeks I was on vacation. Which I think isn't bad at all. I ate out the whole time, shared appetizers with J every night, and even had some snacks and dessert. I pigged out, and only gained 2 pounds. Not too shabby.

So now it's back to work. Back to tracking and making the healthy choices. I will push myself on a long run this weekend and next, since the weekend after that is the half marathon. I keep playing with the idea of trying some strength classes at the gym, but in reality, I know I won't stick with it. They just aren't at good times for me. The best classes are during the day when I'm usually busy with other things. So I really need to stick with the pilates DVD.

I am starting one new class however. The housing office here has started offering free belly dance classes once a week. I haven't done any belly dancing since leaving Kansas, and I miss it. I'm excited. I get to pull out my gypsy skirt and fringed scarf and get back into it. It's a class for all levels and could lead to an opportunity to get into some more serious classes.

I'm not as afraid of showing my belly as I was when I first started belly dancing. I am planning on wearing my old Enell bra and my skirt with some shorts underneath. No more need to hide it under a tshirt. This is easier to do in a belly dancing community. They are so accepting of all body types. Big, small, in-between, it doesn't matter, as long as you dance. If anyone wants to join me, please do!

I would really love to lose the last 8 pounds to my healthy goal before Easter. That gives me 3 months to lose 8 pounds, which is totally doable if I stick with it. My reward will be a couple new bras. For me, that is a big reward that will keep me motivated. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

The Roof of Africa - Getting There