Big News!!

No, I'm not pregnant.

I am, however, EMPLOYED! I applied for a part time sales position at JoAnn's Fabrics, and was hired! Yay!

After 5 years of not working, I'm sticking with a part time, small position. I'm lucky that the JoAnn's here is moving to a new, bigger store, and hiring employees to help with the move and work the new store. I get to work part time at a store that I like, helping people with things I like to do. A large part of their customer base is quilters, so it helps that I quilt and can answer at least some questions.

I don't know how much I'll be working with customers. I could be helping to set up the store and work more "behind the scenes" unless things are busy. I am perfectly OK with that. But I'm not really anxious about working with people, either. It's easier for me to be outgoing when dealing with things I really like, and I really like crafting. Basically, a job in a craft store, shoe store, or bra store would be a good fit for me.

So starting next week, I will train up and be a JoAnn's employee. No, my whole paycheck won't be spent on my employee discount. I don't even know for sure if I get an employee discount. Besides, there are bras and shoes to be purchased! And lunch and coffee dates with Kristy before she leaves, and with Jessica during and after that!

So I am once again a working woman. Yes, yes indeed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice