Pulire - To Clean (Or, OMG! A Post From Italy!)


A long time ago, in a land far, far away…..

I created a cleaningschedule. Seriously. Me. I made a little monthly calendar and had household chores for me to do each weekday. I put that little calendar in a plastic sheet protector on my fridge and marked off the chores as I did them. It actually helped me keep my house a little neater than it was.

Then I moved, and moved, and moved again. I need to do that all over. I don’t seem to have saved a copy of that cleaning schedule, but guess what? I blogged it!! So I can take the old schedule, tweak it to fit the needs of my new house and home, and get organized. (ha! Me? Organized?) I gotta make this happen.

I will be working here. OH hey! Guess what! I got a job! I haven’t blogged. I know, bad blogger. I am only working part time, which means keeping my house clean shouldn’t be a struggle, right? I mean really, how much mess can 2 people make?

I suppose, since it’s been so long since I posted, I owe you all an update. J and I love our little townhome. The animals love the spring weather we are having. I’m making friends and J is getting settled in to work. I got a part time job on post that should be starting soon and I’m taking a twice a week beginner Italian class.

J and I work out together in the mornings. I’m actually building some upper body strength for the first time in my life! So yes, life is good and things are going well. Now I just need to get organized.

One thing I know I’m bad at is dealing with stuff right away. I like to set it down and tell myself I’ll deal with it later. I’m a master procrastinator.  How do I get over this? I have to start making myself put things away instead of just setting them down. Or if I really don’t have time “right now” to handle it, set a time to handle it later. And I have to stick to that.

I also realized that I made a mistake in setting up our house. I was going to use my craft room as my place to let my stacking habit loose, but that won’t work if my craft room is also the guest room. Will it? I mean, I guess it could, and I could just clean it up when we have guests. But I’m thinking of swapping the office and craft rooms. So the guest room will be combined with the office, and I will borrow the guest bed when I’m sandwiching a quilt. Then I can always just shut the door on my messy craftiness. J and I had agreed that I could have a space to be messy in, so it makes more sense for that space to not be the guest room.

I really just use my blog to write out my thoughts, don’t I? Oh well. I think it will work. I’m going to make some changes. But first, I’m going to make that cleaning schedule. And buy a 220v vacuum so I can just plug it into the wall and not have to drag the giant extension cord with me to vacuum up dog hair. I think I want a steam mop, too. Maybe with my first pay check?

Comments

  1. We bought a steam mop here since the entire downstairs is all tile. LOVE IT and wish I hadn't wait as long as I did to get one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice