Controversy (pronounced the British way)

I've been having a mental debate about this post. Not sure if I should write it or not. Strangely enough (or not really strangely at all when you really think about it), I was inspired by a post written by a friend of mine who has pretty much the exact opposite view in this issue. She's a conservative Christian, I'm a weird heathen.

So, Chick-fil-A. Honestly, I don't get it. I have friends who love this place and always want to eat there. It must be a southern thing. To me, it's just chicken. Good chicken, better than some other fast food chicken, but just chicken. I would pick Carl Jr.'s chicken tenders over Chick-fil-A.

And I honestly don't care how the owner or CEO or whoever feels about homosexuality. How he/she feels doesn't change the flavor of the chicken, and won't change how I feel. No, I don't agree with the organizations they've donated to, and I don't necessarily agree with company money being donated to such controversial organizations, but you know what? It's not my business. And with as little as I eat there anyway, it's not even really my money.

I have friends getting all upset and butt hurt about it. I just can't bring myself to care that much. I may think twice before eating there next time, but I'm not going to tell my friends that they shouldn't eat there. That is their decision. I honestly expect this to blow over before too long and see people move on and enjoy their chicken.

Basically, I have a friends whose views on homosexuality, gay marriage, etc. are very different from my own. Just because we don't agree on that doesn't mean I don't want them as my friends. I have lots of friends who don't like things I like. I have 2 good friends who don't eat tomatoes or drink tea (2 of my favorite things), but I still eat with them. We are entitled to our opinions. I am not going to push my opinion on any of my friends, who are my friends partially because they don't push their opinions on me.

The post that inspired this one? I didn't read the whole thing. I skimmed it. I'm going to keep following her blog, because I do enjoy some of her posts and like knowing what's going on in her life. She's a much more dedicated blogger than I am, and it inspires me (sometimes) to try to improve my own blogs. Maybe I just need more inspiration. (A paycheck would be great inspiration. Anyone? No?)

So yeah. Chicken sandwiches. Enjoy them where you want. Gay marriage? Yes, I strongly support it, but I am not going to tell you that you need to support it to. I'll leave it up to you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

The Roof of Africa - Getting There