Oh Captain, My Captain

J got promoted! Yay! His folks flew out for it, and yes, Rembrandt was there as well. He's going to be just as popular with this unit as he is with our old unit. The promotion was nice and simple, relaxed, and we bought the first round of drinks (and dinner for us) at the German Club afterwards. Just one round, so that no one gets drunk on our tab. It actually saved us a little money.

Speaking of money, now that we've been following our budget for 2 months, we're noticing some savings. So we're going to stick with it, just as it is (tweeks when necessary), through the deployment. Even with J's pay raise. The extra money from the pay raise will be filtered into some investment plans, and we'll up our payments on J's jeep. We need to work on building our savings back up to what it used to be.

J's deployment is really starting to sink in now. Thinking of things that I will be doing alone instead of with him, like Christmas. But I'm looking forward to a quiet Christmas, as I've said before. Even if mom has a hard time thinking of me alone at Christmas. If I can't spend it with J, I think I'd rather just be with my critters. I'm sure I'll accept at least 1 dinner invite.

I'm also looking at taking on FRG leader with a friend. We agreed the only way we would do it at all is if we did it together as co-leaders. So I have to get trained up on that. Oh goodness.

Finally, before I go fix some lunch, I'm headed to Maryland next week! Ah! I get to meet Sophie!! I'm not entirely sure how my days will work out, and won't know until I get there, but I'm thinking I can run in the mornings with Soph in her stroller. Yes, I've already given her a nickname. Soph. With a long O. Anywho, I will be taking care of her while her folks are at work, so you mommy friends be ready for giving advice! She's going to turn 3 months when I'm there. I also have some sewing projects that Misty's mom started and didn't finish. I'll see what I can help with. Misty has a borrowed sewing machine, so if I can get the projects done, she can give the machine back. AND, this is a big and... WE'RE GOING TO REN FEST!

If you know me, you know I'm a huge geek, and you might have an idea of how much I miss my ren fest in KC if you hear me talk about it. OMG. I'm packing my costume pieces, and we're going to find a way to dress up Sophie, too. Yay! I can't wait. I will be missing out on Oktoberfest with J, but at least I get ren fest.

Any other news? Not really. I guess I better check the weather in Maryland and start a packing list. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

The Roof of Africa - Getting There