A Successful Day

My head is feeling quite a bit better this evening. It still hurt when I woke up, so I took tramadol and tylenol. Went grocery shopping, then talked to J.

I was able to get the house pretty clean, even with breaks for my head. This afternoon I took a second dose of tramadol + tylenol and rested a bit. Then I decided to bake cookies. I had picked up a bag of Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips this morning. I used their recipe on the back. I don't know that it's any different than the Nestle Tollhouse recipe, but they turned out a little flat. Still tasty, though.
That's my Dr. Who shirt under the Dr. Who apron

A friend who is moving soon came over and had a cookie and beer, then I started on my wontons. I used my mom's recipe for a pork and shrimp filling. It made 35 wontons. I guess I fill them full because the recipe said I would get about 48.
baked, not fried

The wonton wrappers came with a recipe for crab rangoon filling. I didn't have crab, but I had cream cheese, so I made a few cream cheese filled wontons. Still had wrappers. I started thinking...

I chopped up an apple, sprinkled a little sugar and a lot of cinnamon, and then melted some butter on it. I filled the rest of my wrappers and sprinkled those ones with cinnamon sugar.
The little ones are cream cheese

So tomorrow I just have to cook some rice and make some tea. I picked up cute halloween plates to use (paper of course) and even a little halloween candy to put out. Did I mention that I like halloween? OH! and I grabbed a little box of rice candy and a box of pocky, and found a small bag of fortune cookies. I think I'm set for tomorrow night. 

Comments

  1. So glad you're feeling a little better and got so much done. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better! The apple wontons sound great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice