Confessions: Things That Make Me Anxious

Time for a confession post. I desperately need a massage. I have this huge knot in my shoulder that is killing me, and I need it gone before the half marathon on Saturday. 

But for some reason, the idea of calling to schedule a massage makes me very anxious. There is a spa right here on post, nearby, but I still just get so anxious. I can't explain it. 

Guess if you want some background, I have never had a massage before. I usually have J give me a shoulder rub and then he pops my back and I feel so much better. Well that's a little impossible right now. I have a heating pad on my shoulder and need to take some more ibuprofen. 

But why do I feel this way? Sometimes just talking on the phone with anyone at all makes me anxious, but usually only with people I don't know. I've been meaning to get a massage for a while now, and the anxiety keeps me from calling and scheduling an appointment. I have the money. I've even googled it so I have an idea of what to expect. I'm all prepared, right? But I can't make that phone call. 

It's one of those weird things about me. 

So. If someone feels the need to call the spa on post and schedule me a 30 minute massage, I would feel obligated to go. I'd even pay. But for some reason I have trouble forcing myself to do it. 

Oh the life of an introvert. I don't like dealing with people. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice