My Body: Thighs (and knees)

Let's start with the knees. I think I like putting a joint in with another body part.

My knees are bony. They have this knot that sticks out and makes kneeling painful. Thanks, Mom! When I do pilates and yoga, I have to have extra cushion under my knees. I used to think they were weak knees, but now I don't know what made me think that. It was probably just an excuse to not run. Ha! Lot of good that did me.

Otherwise, my knees are just knees. Although the left one has a purple scar that looks like a bruise and I think some nerve damage. When I had my fight with the sidewalk back in January I banged it really hard. It had this big numb spot for months after. It is still a little numb in a certain spot, but it gets more and more feeling back as time goes on. I have lots of little scars all over my legs. I have varicose veins. But I also usually have bruises, so I just don't think much about any of that.

Moving on to the thighs. Oh my thighs. I don't like them much. They are large and the inner thighs rub together when I run. And walk. The fabric of my pants tends to wear out at the inner thigh. If I'm not careful, I get chafe there. Although admittedly, it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. Since I've started losing weight, the rubbing isn't as bad or as frequent. I used to hate wearing skirts because my thighs would rub, and I also hate wearing pantyhose or tights. So no skirts. Pants for me.

I wear skirts now. Especially skirts with pockets. I love pockets. But I can wear a skirt all day and not worry about chafe on my thighs. Sometimes it will feel a little iffy, but I can use regular lotion and I'm fine. I have more skirts in my closet now than I've had probably since I was a little girl. I even have material to make myself a couple skirts. And I just realized I can put a cargo pocket on the long skirt I plan to make and it would be super awesome. Like, the awesome sauce. Oh yeah.

My thighs have also started to get some more muscle definition. Not as much as the calves, but it's still there. They're not the most flexible, but I'm working on that. Again, it's those damn inner thighs. That's where I'm least flexible. Which is part of why I'm doing the yoga. Flexibility, easing the tightness I get in my leg muscles, and I find it very relaxing. It helps me de-stress. I'm really falling in love with Yoga.

So as much as I don't like my thighs, I'm starting to like them more.

Tomorrow, if I remember, I'll update you on my races and weight loss. Next week - my hips and butt. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice