My Body: Tummy Time

I'm late! Ack! I was distracted by puppy mayhem on Monday.

So we're on to the stomach. Oh, the stomach. I hate my stomach. It's where I carry most of my weight, which apparently isn't a healthy sign for my heart or cholesterol. It has gotten better with losing weight, of course, but still not where I want it to be. Of course, neither is my weight.

Fat days always revolve around my stomach. It will look pudgy no matter what I put on. Some days I'm very grateful for a large chest because it still sticks out farther than my stomach. Yes, that makes me feel better. I'd rather have big boobs than a big stomach.

My waist is a story in itself. It's very high, right under my rib cage. Actually, right at the bottom rib would be a better description. That's my natural waist. Maybe it only seems so high because my whole torso is so short. We measured my torso once at a sporting goods store, for backpacks, like hiking backpacks, and it only came to 14 1/2 inches. Most women's packs start at 15 or 16 inches for a small. Some brands carry an extra small which is what I will have to get when I get a new pack.

Anywho, back to the stomach. The weight carries on the front mostly. My back has never looked as heavy as the front. I don't mind my back. No strong feelings about it either way. It's the front that bothers me.

I do get some muffin top if I'm not careful with how my pants fit. OH, and belly buttons. I don't like them. I don't know what it is about them, but I'm not fond of belly buttons. They are there and aren't going anywhere, but don't expect me to be fond of any. Even J's. Even on babies. I just ignore them.

I don't want six pack abs or anything like that. I don't need to be chiseled. My role model for abs is my first belly dance teacher, Maya Zahira. She had a tummy, a soft one, but not fat or flabby. Smooth. When she demonstrated belly rolls, you learned that she had a six pack hiding behind a smooth exterior. She can isolate different sections of ab muscle individually. It's amazing. I don't think I'll ever really be able to do that, but I like the idea of strong abs that aren't chiseled looking.

Ok. I promised a photo with this one.

anyone else craving a muffin now?
See how it suddenly cuts it at the top? That's my ribs. That's where my natural waistline is. Right under my boobs. Ugh. I can't believe I'm putting this on teh interwebz. BTW, I bought these jeans so they would be snug enough to now to still fit when I lose more weight. It's called motivation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice