The Skinny: Week the Second

Yes, Week the Second. I like to say it that way and I don't know why. It's fun.

Scale this morning said 151. Another 2 pounds. If it keeps up I will break the plateau next week. Even if it slows down to 1 pound a week I'll break it in 2 weeks. Feels good.

There are some days when I just don't feel hungry and have to make myself eat something. But then again, I've always had those days. I am noticing that it's easier to stop eating. I'm not sure I can explain it in a way you can understand, but it's almost like it's easier for me to realize that I'm full and stop eating. So when I do eat and still feel hungry, I feel ok getting a little more to eat.

Perfect example is yesterday. I wasn't hungry at lunch but knew I needed to eat. I was out shopping and there was a little teriyaki place right there with a $5 chicken teriyaki bowl. I got it to go and brought it home. Looking at it, I knew it was too much so I got a bowl and only scooped out half of it. It was OK. Nothing spectacular. (Although Duke spent 5 minutes trying to get some before going to munch on his kitty food, after which he came back hoping I would have changed my mind and give him some chicken.) I ate, and was full.

For dinner, I had some leftover spaghetti bake. I ate it, it was tasty, and I still felt hungry. I rummaged around in the fridge and remembered I had blackberries. I ate some fresh blackberries and felt comfortably full. I did have room for a little dessert later, a brownie with a little pumpkin ice cream.

I used to eat when I was bored. Not all the time, but it seemed more often lately. I know I'm not the only one who did this because I've read about it in multiple articles. You get bored, and your body somehow says, "maybe if we eat something we won't be bored anymore." So you eat, but you're still bored, so you eat a little more. Endless fail cycle.

I haven't done that at all the past 2 weeks. If I feel hungry in the mid morning or mid afternoon, I'll eat just a little something, like a piece of fruit or a handful of wheat thins, and I'm not hungry anymore. That leads me to believe that I really was hungry and just needed a little snack. Instead of boredom eating.

As for energy and sleep, I still try to get at least 8 hours, but 8 hours is enough now. I used to get 9 hours and still not want to get out of bed. Now I can let the alarm wake me at 0600 and actually get out of bed. Well, actually, Duke has been waking me up at 0550 wanting his morning drink. Of course this gets Remy up and in the room wanting loves and to go outside. All I ask is that they wait for the alarm to go off. Remy seems to understand this better than Duke. Duke is a grumpy old man.

My mornings seem to have a little more energy. I'm getting things done. Afternoons are about like they always were. I have noticed a little bit of dizziness if I stand up quickly, but it's not all the time. I've always gotten that from time to time and was warned about a chance of it with these pills.

The other thing I've noticed is dry lips. Most of you know that I'm addicted to my Burt's Bees chapstick. I love that shtuff. But lately, my lips feel dry and chapped all the time. Dry mouth is supposed to be a side effect, but I think my body has interpreted it as dry lips. I've been using aquaphor on my lips in the morning and evening, and my Burt's Bees the rest of the time. I talked to my sis about this and she's noticed it lately, too. It can't be weather since we're in very different climates. And I've been trying to drink lots of water since this started.

So yeah. I've talked a lot about little mundane things. Wow. Is this stuff actually interesting to anyone but me?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

The Roof of Africa - Getting There