Fort Bliss Championship 10K

This morning was the Commander's Cup 10K. I was one of the few citizens out there running. TONS of soldiers showed up for this. I hope some of them will start coming to the other runs we do. 

Ran it in my Merrell's. I was feel really good for the first half, but after the turn around point, my blisters from Wednesday started heating up. They're right on the inside edge of my right foot, just below the ball area. They were really bugging me, so I got a wild hair up my butt and decided to take off my shoes. 

Yes. I ran barefoot. Well, in socks. It honestly felt pretty good, until I started getting blisters from that on my toes and ball. I also noticed that my pace slowed down significantly. So I pulled over and put the shoes back on. 

I finished strong, but still not as fast as my first 10K. According to my I Just Ran app on facebook, I averaged about a 10:42 mile. Finished in 1:06:23 (unofficial). If it weren't for those stupid blisters, I think I could have done much better. 

So now I need to figure out why I'm getting those blisters. Blisters are generally caused by friction, which means my foot is sliding a little in the shoe, right? I have noticed that the laces loosen up some after I've run in the shoes a bit. So I might play around with the lacing, make sure they are nice and snug, and see if that makes a difference. Might double knot them so they won't loosen as much. I'm also going to wear them (or at least take them) up to Ruidoso with us tomorrow. We want to buy J a pair, and the guy at Brunell's seems very knowledgeable. Might talk to him about it a little. 

So today the car is in the shop to get the brakes done. Which means I'm sitting at home. I will hopefully get some sewing done and rest my feet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice