Review: eSalon Home Hair Dye

I saw an add for this website, eSalon, that makes hair dye specifically for you, sends it to you, and you dye your own hair. Sounds great, right?

I went to the website, filled out the form, and snapped a pic with my webcam to submit. Easy peasy. 

The next day, I had an email asking me to call them on their toll free number. I called, talked to a girl about my hair and my hair dying habits, and she said it cleared up some things and everything was good to go. A day or two later another email said my order had shipped. It got here quickly, USPS. 
This is what I got...
Made for me?
the box
the necessities
the tool kit, cost extra
So far, so good!

I didn't have time to dye my hair right away, so it sat for a week. I dyed it on a Thursday night, and wondered a little at the color of the dye while applying. I've been dying my hair for half my life (quite literally) so I have some idea of what different colors look like when applying. 

Here's where my problem started: I ordered a Medium Brown Copper, and I'm not seeing much copper. Need illustration? I thought I was getting this:
Medium Brown Copper (from esalon.com)

When I look in the mirror, it seems more like this:
Medium Brown (from esalon.com)

I don't see any copper in it. Jason doesn't see any copper in it. It doesn't look bad, don't get me wrong. It's probably very close to my natural color. But it's not what I wanted. I wanted that coppery red tone to my hair. I can only just start to see it when I compare my photo with the two above:
no, I don't smile for photos

What do you think? Do you see the copper? It's definitely not like their picture representation, and my hair has always colored very true to the color, so I'm thinking they didn't put much copper in it. Undecided as to whether to try them again or go back to the boxed stuff at Target. Those of you that know me IRL, you can let me know when you see it. Those who liked my brunette will like this. Guess the redheaded me will just have to wait a little longer to come back out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice