Where You Live


Just thought of this.

And. OMG! Two blog posts in 1 day!!

Anywho. Today is the first day this week that I haven't had a headache (if the week starts on Monday). I started having some constant, non-OTC-responding pain Monday evening. I took tramadol (my prescription pain killer) and went to bed. Tuesday and Wednesday both, I woke up with pain or pain soon after. More tramadol.

Yesterday, Thursday, was the first day with just OTC pain killers. Today was the first drug-free day (minus daily meds).

What triggered this? The weather.

I've noticed that humid weather fronts moving into our area are triggering headaches/migraines for me.

I don't remember having this problem in KS, where it was always at least somewhat humid and I didn't have the dry skin and eczema problems.

I think, having lived here for 4 years, the body is used to our dry, drought climate. I am no longer tolerant of humidity, as much as I may miss it. When a humid front moves in, I get arthritis and/or migraine issues. This week, I got the migraine as the humidity really set it, and didn't get rid of it until we had a day of real rain.

I think it's the drastic difference between normal days (dry) and weather fronts (wet) that triggers my migraines and/or arthritis while living here. My arthritis was almost non-existant in KS, and my migraines had more noticeable stress triggers. My stress is greatly reduced here, since I don't work, and the only recent noticeable trigger was the weather.

I'm hoping that our next home, somewhere more humid and with more regular rain, will see a reduction of weather triggered pain problems. Let's find out next year, huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Need of Advice

Time For More Updates

Oh Yeah! Shoe Review! (Vivobarefoot Neo)