Look! A Running Post!

Been a while since I posted anything about running. Been so busy and not running as much. BUT...

Yes, BUT, I have set myself somewhat of a goal. I want to run in this year's TransMountain Challenge. It's a half marathon. It would be my first half marathon, BUT, if I can run this one, I can run many others. Why, you say?

I'll tell you why.

Because the TransMountain Challenge actually goes over TransMountain Road. It starts on one side of the mountain and ends on the other side. You run to the foot of the mountain, up over the mountain, and around at the other side for a bit before the finish.

Last year I ran the 5K. It was my first 5K getting back into the running scene. J ran the half.

So that leaves me 5 months. June, July, August, September, October. It's about 5 months to train up to it. Remember, I've done a few 10Ks, which are a quarter marathon, or half of a half. Confused yet? Me too. But that's because I've had a couple drinks tonight.

Anyhoo, I would like to be able to pull this off. It's going to take planning, though. I'm not good at sticking with plans. I will have to carefully up my mileage until I'm at at least 13 miles. A half is 13.1 miles. I want to run at least 13 miles a couple times before the race. I also want to train on hills, which around here means running at McKelligan Canyon. It means mapping out how far I will go each week. And finding a route that goes that far.

I will need motivation. I will need accountability. These are things I have the most trouble with.

J will be in and out of the field all summer, and after June 4, I will be completely DUN for the summer. D-U-N Dun! So I will have time to run. I will have to keep running when I head to Denver and Rock Springs, and even in MD in July. That might hurt. It's humid out there.

So. That's it. I will try to put updates both here and on Facebook with my iRun app. iRun will help me keep track of pace with each distance. I think I need to put more music on my MP3 player. Suggestions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

The Roof of Africa - Getting There