St. Patty's Day 6 Miler

J ran with me this morning. 6 miles. Not a 10K (6.2 miles) but a 6 miler. I didn't run as fast as my last 10K. Finished in 1:06:some seconds. BUT, I did keep a pretty even pace for the whole run. Now I just need to run regularly and I can keep the pace under 11 minutes per mile.

My shoes, however, are officially dead. I got blisters in places that I've never gotten blisters before (from running, anyway). Well, the Dillards over at Sunland Park Mall has the women's Merrells in. Not the men's, just the women's. So I'm gonna go get a pair this week. I'll check the men's department while I'm there and see if they have those in yet. It's time for new shoes. There's a 10K on April 8. That's a Friday, so it's during PT. Hopefully we'll get J's platoon out there with us.

Then I sat at the Relay table for a while. J did some work at his office. He joined me at the PX and we saw Paul.

OMG, hilarious movie. I love Simon Pegg!

Finally it was home for delivery pizza and alcohol. I'd say it was quite a successful day.

Comments

  1. Glad you liked "Paul". We're going to try to find a way to see it, sans Bennett, before it leaves the theaters! I *heart* Simon Pegg too! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

The Roof of Africa - Getting There