growing pains (warning: girly issues)

Well, not really "growing" pains, but pain that is causing worry that is growing. I don't usually blog about this stuff but I feel the need today.

Background - my sister has endometriosis. I was a teenager when she was diagnosed. When I turned 18, my mom and doctor agreed that it would benefit me to go on birth control, since it usually helps control endo. My mom doesn't have endo buy has had cysts in her reproductive organs.

So now, 11 years later, I'm on the birth control that only gives 3 periods per year, thanks to menstrual migraines. I love it. No babies and fewer periods.

I've always had bad cramps. Only heat and rest take care of them most times. Thank god I have a high pain tolerance. But this cycle has been different. I have been cramping every day since Thursday, and I am still on my last week of pills. I have never started cramping this early. Plus there is breakthrough bleeding.

I will admit, it scares me. I don't want to have endo. Or cysts. I don't want to have any kind of problems. I watched my sister recover from her first surgery and I don't want to go through that.

I called the Tel-A-Nurse number, and the nurse I talked to was great. She asked thorough questions and sounded interested and caring. She recommended that I try to get an appointment right away and go through a doctor. If I need to, they can get me a referral to urgent care clinics and ERs, but going through a doctor is cheaper and puts it in my records better. So I called to get an appointment. The guy I talked to said he couldn't get me anything today, but suggested I call tomorrow morning when the appt. line opens and I should be able to get a same-day appointment. I set my alarm on my phone for 6:40am, 5 minutes before the appointment line opens.

I have a tendency to imagine the worst possible scenarios, so my mind is going crazy right now. I think I'm going to have to sit and read to distract myself from driving myself crazy.

Comments

  1. Try to relax and realize that you're doing the right thing by getting it checked out!

    Let me know if you need anything ... even a ride up to the hospital. (I have a pregnant lady parking permit so we can park close if need be!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These kind of things are so scary, but I agree with Kristy, it's best that you are getting it checked out! Whatever it is, even if it's something very simple (which it WILL be!!), it's great that you'll catch it early and show it who's boss!
    Let us know how it goes.. I'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice