where to start...

Let's begin with last night. J came home and said, "Let's go for a run!" I said, "Sure!" My run didn't go so well. Just walking over to the track my calves were very stiff. Running just made them cramp. I stretched, walked, and even stopped to massage them, but no luck. I think it was from doing all my shopping in flip flops yesterday.

Next is this morning. I put my running gear back on and headed to the track with Remy. Legs felt good, but when I started running, they started tightening up. Then my left foot started hurting. The bottom outer edge of my foot was killing me! I really just wanted to take my shoes off, but walking in socks is dangerous around here. Lots of thorny things. We only did the upper part of the track and walked home.

When I got home I fed the dog, put him out back (his usual routine), and changed shoes. I have these cute and well-worn fashion sneakers that I've worn for, oh, at least 3 or 4 years now. No support, just looks. I put them on and headed out the front door. Did a small run just around my little neighborhood and felt so much better than I did in my fancy, expensive running shoes! I was able to focus on my technique so much more and felt good running!

On another note, on my way out the front door, I noticed a package. Must have been delivered yesterday afternoon because Kristy came over yesterday morning and said she didn't see it there. It's a bra from Fantasie and a Tshirt from the Freya Holy Fit campaign. Time for a flashback....

About a month or so ago I got a comment on my bra blog from a lady who works in marketing. Her company does the US marketing for Eveden, the parent label for Fantasie and Freya as well as Fauve and Elomi. Now if you know me, you know that Fantasie and Freya are my absolutely favorite brands for bras. So Lauren and I emailed back and forth a little bit, and she offered to send me a Fantasie sleep set. Unfortunately, they were out of my size. So she found me a Tshirt from Freya's Holy Fit campaign (which I blogged about at the bra blog) and one of their sample bras in my size! Holy crap! this bra would cost about $60 retail.

I'm like a little kid. I had to wear them both today. I couldn't resist!

Whew! So, now for the rest of my life. I'm getting ready to host a baby shower on Saturday for Kristy. My friend Jessica finally got to take her baby boy home from the hospital. Yay! And I've managed to be around all this pregnantness without catching it. *knock on wood*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice