The Dirty Thirty

Yesterday was my 30th birthday.

I don't think I ever made a huge deal about my birthday, but I really cut it back in Junior High. There was too much drama about throwing a party and where and who came and all that. If you read my Scrooge post you know I'm not big on anything that creates drama. I don't like anything that people make a huge deal of.

For a long time now, all I want for my birthday is a day to do what I want and a nice dinner with family. This year, I got some sewing done in the morning, went to my sewing group, walked the dog, and spent some time relaxing and doing nothing. When J got home, we went to the tattoo parlor. I got my Orion on my arm, and it's going to be awesome! It's still healing, of course, so it's a little red. When the redness goes away I will get some good pics.

Then we went to dinner, a little Italian place we've gone to before. I wanted carbonara, so I ordered with barely a glance at the menu. Turns out they changed their carbonara. No, not change. They blasphemed. They dumped a huge pile of italian sausage in it! And no cream. I found out that the cream may be a more western european addition to carbonara, but that's how I like it! And I could swear I had their carbonara last year! So sad. Had to send it back and get something different.

So J and I are going to make carbonara at home soon. He's made it for me before and it's always super delicious. And we'll go out for ice cream this weekend as well. But the big gift is going to see Tron! OMFG I'm so excited!

So that's it. I'm now 30 years old. Had a pretty good birthday and don't feel any different. Well, except for the tat. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice