Can't Believe I'm Posting One Of These

Questions about me: stolen from Amber over at Last Yesterday.


  • Are you young at heart, or an old soul? I've been told by multiple people, including the "psychic" who gave me a tarot card reading, that I'm on old soul. 
  • What makes someone a best friend? Staying your friend, even after all the craziness.
  • What Christmas (or Hanukkah) present do you remember the most? I have more birthday gifts that stick out in my mind, like my engagement ring and the book my grandpa's in (both give to me by J), but I was talking about my scooter that I got from Santa/Dad today, so we'll go with that.
  • Tell me about a movie/song/tv show/play/book that has changed your life. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I fell in love with his writing and it showed me a different way to look at life.
  • Name one physical feature that you like about yourself, and one you dislike. I love my calves. Odd, I know, but I like shorts and skirts that show them off. They're nice. I dislike my tummy the most right now. Working on getting rid of that, though. 
  • Would you like to reconnect with any friends you’ve lost contact with? I have done that quite a bit the past couple years. There are a few more I wouldn't mind talking to again. 
  • What’s more important in a relationship: physical attraction or emotional connection? They go hand in hand. If you find the person physically attractive, you are more likely to tolerate them emotionally. And vice versa. Can't have one without the other.
  • Name a movie that you knew would be terrible just from reading the title. Twilight.
  • What holiday do you most look forward to? I love Chanukah. Always have. I think it's because I'm a pyro.
  • How is the relationship between you and your parents? Great. I talk to Mom all the time. 
  • You’ve got the TV on, but you’re not really watching. What channel is the TV on? Probably BBCA
  • Name a song that never fails to make you happy. Push The Little Daisies - Ween
  • You know at least one person named Michael. Tell me about him. My cousin. He's a pain in the ass and I love him for it. 
  • Have you ever read the “missed connections” on Craigslist? Have you ever posted one, or wanted to? Read them, yes. Never posted, never really wanted to.
  • If you could pick anywhere to live the rest of your life, where would it be? I want mountains, green, and water. Probably in Colorado.
  • Can money buy happiness? Money can buy chocolate and Dr. Who on DVD so yes.
  • Do you drink? Smoke? Do drugs? Why, or why not? Drink, yes. To hear me talk about it, I sound like a total lush. I still smoke cigars a few times a year. Never did drugs. Never felt the need. Unless my prescriptions count. 
  • Is there anyone close to you that you know you can’t trust? You don’t have to give names. Yes.
  • Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid? Granite. It's still one of my favorite places in the world. Yes, world.
  • Have you ever spent a night in the hospital? Yes, when I got my tonsils out, because we were out of town so they kept us there.
  • Do you enjoy being with only one or two friends, or with a large group of people? I'm learning to handle large groups better, but I still prefer a few friends.
  • Do you like the type of music your parents listen to? Do your parents like the type of music you listen to? Papa raised me right, and will listen to some new stuff. Mom will listen to just about anything as long as it's not too loud or crude.
  • Have you ever been bullied? Have you ever bullied anyone else? Never bullied. Picked on, yes. Never bullied anyone else. 
  • If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? mac and cheese
  • Do you believe in a god? I have some theories I toss around in my head, and some of them involve at least one god, but I don't know that I truly believe any of them.
  • Of all the social networks in the world, why use twitter? Just because I have a twitter account does not mean I actually "use" twitter.
  • What’s your favorite hashtag to track? I still haven't figured that stuff out.
  • Would you call yourself/your family “middle class?” Yes.
  • Name a TV series you didn’t enjoy until after it ended.  Firefly and Battlestar Galactica.
  • Have you ever bought a product from an infomercial? I purchased an auger/tiller thingy for my father-in-law. He specifically asked for it.
  • If you could give up your car and never have to drive again, would you? No. I like to drive. Except in El Paso.
  • If you go back to one point in time to give advice to yourself, when would you go and what would you say? There were a few times in high school when I would have told myself to not be stupid.
  • What’s your “quirkiest” habit? I am a quirky habit.
  • What is “normal?” Are you normal? See above.
  • Someone close to you is dying. You have the choice to let this person live for 10 more years, but if you do, you cause the death of 10 strangers. You don’t have to see them die. Do you take the offer? Depends on the person.
  • What is one thing you could never forgive? hurting my family (including friends that I include in my personal definition of family).
  • Would you rather be in a relationship after the honeymoon period ends, or be single? I'm not divorced yet, so I think I already chose relationship.
  • Is it possible for guys and girls to be just friends? Yes. Often one of them is gay, but not always.
  • Where do you and your friends go to hang out? Our houses. Starbucks. 
  • Write the first sentence of your obituary. Finally!
  • What is the best TV theme song ever? Dr. Who, of course.
  • When you were young, what would you dream you would be when you grew up? I went from ballerina, to professional musician (in various instruments), to brain surgeon. So lots of things.
  • When you’re alone in your own home, do you walk around naked? All the time! Unless I'm cold.
  • What gets you out of bed in the morning? A whiny cat wanting a drink and a puppy that has to pee.
  • Do you want to have more friends than you have right now? I think I'm good.
  • What part of the past year sticks out in your mind? The past few months of  Deploying! Not deploying! Deploying! Not deploying!
  • You win a scratch-off lottery game that gives you $2000 a week (after taxes) for the rest of your life. Do you keep your job?  You're assuming I currently get paid for something, and you would be wrong.
  • Could you be in a long-distance relationship? If you’re in one, what makes yours work? Been there, done that. Looking to do it again within the year. It can work with the right person.
  • What’s the best route to your heart? Be J?
  • Have you ever met someone through the internet, then met them in real life? Yes. 
  • What is your favorite sport? Swimming.
  • What has been troubling you lately? Deploying! Not deploying!
  • Did you enjoy your high school prom? If you haven’t gotten there yet, do you look forward to it? If you didn’t go, why not? Yes, both times I went.
  • What do you use more often: your intuition or logical reasoning? My intuition is very logical.
  • Do you know what makes you happy? Yes.
  • Tell me about the last book you read. Last one is The Poe Shadow, Matthew Pearl. Definitely not for everyone, but I enjoyed it. 
  • What is the nicest compliment you’ve ever been given? An engagement ring from J.
  • Who was your first crush? I think I kinda crushed on a guy in first grade, but he was an ass to me.
  • Do you believe that there is life on other planets? Yes.
  • Predict what your life will look like a year from now. different
  • Often, people will ask how your last relationship ended. I want to know how it began. John from Indiana. We met online. Anyone remember ICQ?
  • Where is your favorite place to go out and eat? Arctic Circle. I think it's rarity makes it more enjoyable for me.
  • What is something you want to change about your current situation? I wish someone would pay me to just be awesome.
  • Early bird or night owl? Used to be a night owl. Now I get up at 6 to walk or run with the dog. That's 6 am, not pm.
  • Are there any childhood possessions you still hold on to? Yes and most of them are penguins.
  • Give me an unpopular opinion you have. Religion is a crutch.
  • What was the last song that was stuck in your head? Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye
  • Where do you live? Be as general or specific as you want. In a house.
  • Do you believe in giving kids medals and trophies for participation? If they had to try something to earn it, but not just for shits and giggles.
  • What was the longest car ride you’ve ever taken? Probably Georgia to El Paso. In J's car with no AC. 
  • Have you ever taken part in a protest? I've avoided things in "protest" and I've been protested, but I've never carried a sign.
  • Would you ever use an online dating service? Sure, why the hell not. 
  • What is your ethnic heritage? German on dad's side and German Jew on mom's side.
  • Describe a person that inspires you. People who have no life. They inspire me to not be like them.
  • If you earn minimum wage doing what you love, would you? Yes. Would you like to pay me to craft and play with my pets?
  • Do you believe in luck? Yes.
  • Describe the last time you were very angry at someone. I get angry every time I drive in El Paso. Literally.
  • Do you want to live until you’re 100? Sure!
  • Do people change? If so, how do you keep a relationship together when both of you start to change? Of course people change. Getting older is change. Even dying is change. You have to learn to adapt, or give up and die. 
  • Have you ever risked a friendship by telling someone you liked them? Yes.
  • Would you rather be alone doing something you enjoy, or doing something you don’t like with your best friends? I wouldn't mind doing something I don't like if it meant being with Misty for a while. But that's because I don't get to see her very often.
  • Do you practice what you preach? Ha! Right. 
  • If you take precautions to stay safe, do you ultimately act more recklessly? Depends on what I'm doing. 
  • What do you value more in a significant other: Attractiveness or intelligence? Intelligence.
  • Are you hard-headed? Sometimes, about some things.
  • Have you ever laughed uncontrollably when it was socially inappropriate? I tend to laugh at the wrong time at the movies.
  • When have you felt most alive? In water. On a river, lake, ocean, or even a pool, I feel alive when I'm in water.
  • Where would you prefer to live? A city? The suburbs? The countryside? The mountains? A city in the mountains. Maybe the outskirts of that city.
  • Do you often skip breakfast? I used to. I try to not skip meals now.
  • How do you know what true love is? Yes.
  • Would you want to know the exact date and time you were going to die? Mmmmm, nah.
  • Where is “home” for you? With my hubs and critters.
  • What song best describes your life right now? Perfect Drug - NIN (because it's my favorite song of like, all time).
  • Do you want to be perfect? No.
  • What have you never tried, but would really like to someday? What’s holding you back? Sky Diving. Money, time, and someone to teach me.
  • How do you express your creativity? Have you ever seen my hair?
  • Describe your neighborhood. Boring.
  • Name something you only liked because it was popular. Neon colors. The first time they were popular.
  • Give me the story of your life in six words. Did I do that backwards?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice