Duke City Half Marathon - Done

Had an awesome run this morning. It was definitely chilly to start, but I warmed up quickly. Went with the tank and arm warmers, and I'm glad I did. Felt great, except for a runny nose. Stupid allergies.

Finished in 2 hours, 19 minutes, 32 seconds. Hells yeah! That's 10 minutes faster than my training run! What little hillage (yes, I made up that word) there was felt easy after training on Haan bridge. I was very happy and finished with a strong sprint.

J on the other hand, not so lucky. He said he was doing great and set to finish with a Personal Record, but then his left knee started to hurt. Turns out he irritated his Iliotibial band (IT band), and we think it's because he didn't do as much training as he wanted to. So his time was very slow for him. And painful. Yet he finished, and managed to walk back to the hotel with me. We did stop at the med tent where they wrapped it and put ice on it.

We stopped for lunch on the way back to the room, at the same bar we ate at yesterday. It was delicious, again, and we got to try some New Mexico beers.

Now, after a shower and a little rest, I'm feeling pretty good. Not sure yet what we will try for dinner, but chances are good I will go get something and bring it to the room. Unless he decides to be stubborn and say he needs to walk around more.

OH, and in the way of WW, I weighed in yesterday, knowing I wouldn't have a scale today. Down only 1 pound this week, but hey, still down! That puts me at a 10 pound total loss since I started WW, and definitely lower than I've been in a looooong time.

Ok. Time to go baby my hubs and maybe rub my foot that's a little sore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice